If you’re visiting us at the Mayflower hotel this summer then we will guide you on the best things to do for any type of tourist whether you prefer cultural excursions or a great party.
Things to do if you like cultural events:
- Village feasts – almost every church in Malta celebrates (and there are a lot) celebrates their saints feasts. Malta is a catholic country and religion and religious traditions are an important part of the local landscape. This doesn’t mean these feasts are boring – the Maltese will find any excuse to celebrate and these feasts can get quite wild. The key elements of these village feasts are religious processions, band marches, community gatherings, fireworks, traditional delicacies, and lots and lots (and lots) of food. As the years rolled on, the addition of fast-food trucks along the main streets of the village together with street parties with disco music have been added to the more popular feast celebrations. Find a list of all the towns and villages and their feast dates here: https://www.maltainfoguide.com/malta-village-feasts.html
- Delicata Wine Festival – Warm, starlit Maltese summer sunsets, delicious wines, great music and friendly hospitality, the Delicata Classic Wine Festival is all rolled into one. The festival showcases 20 different Maltese wines and is organized in celebration of the Maltese grape harvest. The annual festival attracts thousands of wine enthusiasts every year from Malta and all over the world. Even if you are not into wine, the enchanted atmosphere and the breath-taking views of the Grand Harbour and the Three Cities will make your visit memorable.
- Medieval Mdina FestivalThis festival will take us back to the medieval period between 1200 and 1500 AD. The programme includes a number of pageants and re-enactments of typical scenes, battles, traditions of the time and related events. During the two-day festival, visitors can expect to be entertained with re-enactments by foreign and local groups, Medieval Music, Sbandieratori, Illusionist, Jesters, Falconry and birds of prey, Medieval Market, and a Children’s Area with ongoing activities.There will be live music and you can try archery, watch magic shows and so much more.
- Malta Jazz Fest – This will be the 32nd edition of The Malta Jazz Festival. Considered by the international jazz community as a ‘true’ jazz festival and a beacon of artistic integrity, the Malta Jazz Festival presents a panorama of jazz music in all its facets. In a climate where jazz festivals increasingly water down their line-ups with non-jazz elements, the Malta Jazz Festival stands out as an event that achieves a perfect balance between the savant and more popular elements of jazz.
Things to do if you like to party:
- Isle of MTV – Isle of MTV Malta 2022 is Europe’s biggest free music festival, featuring a lineup of international acts headlined by Grammy-nominated DJ and producer Marshmello and Multi Platinum artist French Montana. Over the past 13 editions, the festival has brought tens of thousands of music fans to the square every year to enjoy showstopping performances from the world’s biggest stars, including Lady Gaga, Snoop Dogg, David Guetta and Martin Garrix. The festival will be followed by Isle of MTV Malta Music Week, a series of club nights and parties across the hottest venues on the island, from July 19th -24th!
- World Club Dome Malta – The idyllic Maltese Islands will lend its Mediterranean coastline, breath-taking landscape and picturesque towns to hedonistic music lovers across the world for three days of sun, sea and dance! Get access to the night events, in Malta’s best open air night spots with top international artists and DJ’s. Where Malta goes to party, and where good vibes come to life. Enjoy spectacular sunsets and atmospheric music, with stunning unobstructed views of the Mediterranean Sea! Relax & unwind after a crazy night out where you can indulge in delicious cocktails & restaurants, combined with the beauty and stunning natural highlights of the Maltese coastline.
- Glitch Festival – Glitch Festival returns between the 13-16 of August for its highly anticipated 5th edition. From rooftop pool parties to secret cave raves, Boiler Room, boat party mayhem, and the biggest & most exciting line-up Malta has ever seen. This year sees the introduction of an opening concert on Saturday 13th, held in a one-off location which will be revealed at a later stage. The main festival on the 14th & 15th will be held at Gianpula Village, framed against the iconic skyline of Malta’s fortified city, Mdina. The fourth and final day will feature sun-soaked boat parties, followed by a closing party.
- Green Light Gang Malta 2022 – 50 Cent heads to Malta for a four-day island holiday experience, soundtracked by a lineup of timeless Hip Hop and R&B talent. If electronic music and house are not your favorite then this is the event for you. This event set to be held in September will be the first of its kind in Malta and will have a great party vibe.