The Mayflower Hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of Qawra and we’ve mapped out the best 8 things to do within just a 10 minute walk of your Hotel. The town of Bugibba which is a few minutes walk from Qawra has a host of activities to keep you busy including a cinema and plenty of shops. Here are a few other ideas to keep you busy:
- Go to the Aquarium – The Maltese National Aquarium hosts more than 175 varieties of fish and is a short walk from the Mayflower Hotel. It’s located right near the sea – you can tour the Aquarium and then head to the Aquarium restaurant for an early dinner. It’s a great excursion for both kids and adults.
- Go on a boat trip – Booking a boat trip from Qawra is simple and easy – there are plenty of operating tours which will take you around the Maltese Islands to visit the Islands of Gozo and Comino. You can take in the crystal clear water of the blue lagoon and visit all the caves that can be found along the Maltese coastline.
- Go out for Dinner – No matter what cuisine you enjoy, there is something for everyone in the Qawra area. You can try local Maltese cuisine (the local dish is stewed Rabbit), opt for some Mediterranean sea food or if you prefer fast food and a simple burger and chips or pizza then you can find that too. There are plenty of traditional English pubs around the area and even high end Asian fusion restaurants. There is truly something for everyone.
- Go to the beach or a beach club – Right next to the entrance of the aquarium is the entrance of the Fra Ben beach which is easily accessible and leads you straight to the sea. I popular spot with the locals, you can stop and have a drink at the resident reggae bar when you’re finished swimming. If you prefer a pool club there is the Cafe del Mar beach club directly adjacent. If you’re looking for something high end and prefer less crowds then there is Beefbar beach club just a short walk from the hotel. If you just want a quiet and relaxing day and a swim just hop in the lift to our own pool and spend the day relaxing and we’ll look after you.
- Go to the Casino – Oracle Casino Malta is rare among casinos, not only for its spectacular setting on the shores of the Mediterranean, but also for its easy-going, relaxed atmosphere. The casino hosts daily poker tournaments, slots and much more. You can also have a few drinks and socialize.
- Go Snorkelling – Snorkeling and diving in Qawra Point includes reefs, caves (Fra Ben Cave and L-Cave), small arch, and shallow bay. It’s a great spot if you find peace under water. You can find plenty of information online about the various snorkeling spots and even diving tours of all the best spots if that is what you prefer.
- Go to the Classic Car museum – If you are a petrol head and love cars then you definitely need to visit the classic car museum. The cars have been restored to a pristine condition, looking like they have just rolled off the production line. As you stroll around the Malta Classic Car Museum, it feels as if you are walking back through time and revisiting the golden eras of motoring.To really take you back in time the museum was also decked out with a collection of antiques and memorabilia from the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s. Gramophones, antique television sets, jukeboxes and even the fashions of yesteryear all frame the collection and help put it in context.
- Jump on a Hop on/Hop off – Your tour takes you around Malta’s Panoramic North. You have the chance to stop in all famous landmarks of our beautiful island. Audio commentary in 16 different languages is available on all buses. The hop-on, hop-off facility is a great benefit of the Malta Sightseeing that enables you to get on and off the bus at many places of interest. This facility gives you the freedom to plan your own itinerary and explore the magnificent landmarks and exciting attractions for as little or as long as you like. The Malta Sightseeing Tour is a safe and relaxed way to experience the lovely island of Malta and is the perfect introduction and a fun day out for all. You can Hop on in Bugibba and explore the North in a relaxed environment.